INTERESTED IN OWING A FLOAT BABY FRANCHISE?
These are exciting times at Float Baby. Our franchise program was built to allow others to share in our passion for the tiniest clients in the world.
The idea and name for Float Baby originated in Houston, Texas where our family lives. After spending a great deal of time in the medical device industry working for start up companies, I wanted something of my own. I wanted a business that catered to young parents and their newborns. After extensive research that proved nothing like a baby spa had been done in the US before, I was hooked on the idea of floating babies. We decided to try floating some babies at our home and word began to travel. The media picked up on it, our Home Owners Association said “stop it”, and we were on our way to signing a lease on our first location. What started as a crazy idea in March of 2013, developed into an exceptionally unique wellness program for infants that also provides incredible support, tips and tricks for parents who crave a social outing. After floating over 20,000 times, we are excited to share this opportunity with other cities.
kristi s. ison, founder
￼Why Float Baby?
We have had wonderful success and built a great following over the past five years. We are very thankful and excited to now be able to offer others the opportunity to open Float Baby locations around the country.
We guarantee each client a clean, family-friendly, fun and unique experience. We help our franchisee owners deliver on this Float Baby promise by supporting them in all aspects of the business – from real estate to operations and training, to marketing.
The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Float Baby franchise is from $131,700 to $206,150 depending on several factors, including location, buildout and the size of the space. The initial franchise fee is $40,000, plus the cost of an initial starting inventory of items that we require you purchase from us (Float Baby skin care products, The Hoverfish, etc.) . Your initial inventory of these items will range from $15,500 to $23,000.
We require a minimum of $150,000 in liquid funds (cash, savings, mutual funds, stocks etc.) and a minimum of $500,000 in total net worth to financially support opening a new Float Baby franchise.
If you are interested and qualify financially, please submit an online application. A Float Baby representative will review and respond to your request to be considered for a Float Baby franchise.
These are exciting times at Float Baby, and we hope you can become part of our growth story!
Our corporate Float Baby teams offer support with the resources and tools you need to get up and running, and to remain successful once you’re operational. Here’s a list of our specialty teams and the services they provide.
Real Estate Team – Provides assistance in securing and negotiating all lease or sale terms for your store.
Operations/Training Team – Provides in-depth training and operations instruction.
Marketing Team – Assists with all facets of marketing your location.
Interested in owning a Float Baby store?
These are the steps to take and what you can expect:
1. Complete and submit the online application.
2. Your application will be reviewed to determine if you and your proposed market meet our qualifications, and then a phone interview will be scheduled.
3. Upon satisfactory completion of the phone interview, we will provide you with a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) & schedule a 2nd phone interview.
4. Upon satisfactory completion of the 2nd phone interview, an in-person interview will be scheduled at our corporate office in Houston, Texas.
5. Prior to the in-person interview, we will complete background and credit/financial checks.
6. Upon satisfactory completion of the in-person interview, the application will be finalized.
7. The Float Baby Real Estate Team will help you secure and negotiate lease terms.
8. Conceptual drawings for the store will be completed and construction will begin.
9. Classroom and in-store training will begin at our corporate office and the Float Baby store located in Houston, Texas.
10. The Marketing Team will provide marketing and public relations support and guidance.
11. We will assist with pre-opening training for your team.
12. Your Float Baby will OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
Read the Disclaimer and Download the Application below. Fill out and submit the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.